New Member from Mississippi

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello, all,

Until about three weeks ago, the only trains I had ridden were at Disney World and a local zoo in the mid 1990s (the latter of which discontinued its very short line ten or more years ago), though I have been interested in railroads since I can remember. Having been born in 1986, I missed the heyday of passenger trains in the U.S. Unfortunately, this means that the closest passenger stations are thirty and forty miles away, which is still closer than many places.

On a whim, I decided earlier this month that I was going to catch a train later that day to Chicago, spend two days there and return home. To my amazement, I was able to get a low bucket Roomette on the way up and a Bedroom on the way back despite making reservations so close to departure. I know that I won't always be that lucky, but those two trips got me hooked. I'm now booked for a trip to Seattle in mid March and cannot wait.

Thanks for all the advice posted here; it helped me to know what to expect for my first trip and how to maximise my enjoyment of future trips. I probably would have never clicked that AGR button had I not seen it highly discussed here!

Best regards,

Tracy

Hi. ^^ I haven't discovered the awesome that is a roomette so far, but I haven't been on any portion of a LD train route yet. I plan on that changing in about 70 days or so. :D

Hi. ^^ I haven't discovered the awesome that is a roomette so far, but I haven't been on any portion of a LD train route yet. I plan on that changing in about 70 days or so. :D
Aloha and Welcome, Next year are you going to challenge The_Traveler to a competition. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :lol:

Back