New Member from Seattle

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, everyone. Just a quick intro, my name is Roberta and I am a new member. I am a comics artist and have completed a couple of long, illustrated accounts of our mostly-enjoyable travels by train. I am now looking for a publisher for the book, but in the meantime I will be posting some of the adventures on my web site, which I am putting together in my copious free time :lol: HA! If it is OK I can announce when they can be seen. If they are on my own site, it would not cost to see them, unlike the commercial comics sites.

I do have a complaint or question, which I will put in the appropriate forum (I am new to these sorts of boards) BUT after being very angry this morning at getting a fare runaround for a (now-defunct, unfortunately) trip to Montreal for WorldCon next summer, we are now in the process of planning another train trip for Fall, having noticed that World Fantasy Con (Bruce is a science fiction writer and I write fantasy, though not the usual sort) is in San Jose, California along the CS route....so our angry declaration of swearing off AMTRAK forever, lasted exactly an hour and a half.

I guess gracefully putting up with some of the annoyances and frustrations makes us true train travel fans. We have both had very unpleasant experiences with air travel.

Back