New Orleans - San Antonio

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

supergrandmother

Train Attendant
I'm looking at a New Orleans to San Antonio trip for my daughter and grandson and, of course, me :lol: Grandson and I have been on train trips before but daughter is a little unsure of it. The problem is that the Sunset arrives in San Antonio at 3:00 AM. I'm wondering how other people have handled this. Are there taxis waiting at the station that we could take to a hotel? Is there a hotel nearby? What about car rental?

We'll be renting a car and driving to New Braunfels so daughter and son can go to the Schlitterbahn Water Park and then on to Austin for a couple of days.

Same thing for return trip. Leaves San Antonio at 11:55PM. Is the station area safe to wait in at that time of night? As always, all help appreciated.

I went to San Antonio last year and stayed at a Best Western that was about two blocks away. Nice Hotel. There were Taxis waiting for us, but we came in at 10pm. The station is small but seemed safe, we were there for fiesta, so a lot of people were around. The only car rental that we found was at a hotel, I think it was a Hyatt, but can't remember for sure. If you look on the San Antonio website it lists the hotels and if they have shuttle service. Good luck, and do go down to the riverwalk, its not far from the station.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back