New Orleans service partially restored

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It may be areas between Jackson and New Orleans has debris across tracks and maybe some wash outs Also the electric utility may not be able to provide power to signals. CN might suspend signals for freights but Amtrak might not want to operate under those conditions (PTC) especially possibility of unknown problems endangering the CNO ?

It may be areas between Jackson and New Orleans has debris across tracks and maybe some wash outs Also the electric utility may not be able to provide power to signals. CN might suspend signals for freights but Amtrak might not want to operate under those conditions (PTC) especially possibility of unknown problems endangering the CNO ?
we will see if they will open between Jackson and New Orleans on 14th

hopefully it will be fully restored soon, my CONO trip is on 25th, worst case is that I will take Greyhound bus from MEM to NOL on 26th,
Looked on the Amtrak site and noticed no bulletins on CONO. Then checked out transitdocs.com and it shows due in an hour early. But then again... as I have chased this illusive shadow... no one knows anything for sure!

Looked on the Amtrak site and noticed no bulletins on CONO. Then checked out transitdocs.com and it shows due in an hour early. But then again... as I have chased this illusive shadow... no one knows anything for sure!

seems that CONO will still terminate at Jackson today and tomorrow morning but the one departures on 21st will go all the way to New Orleans on 22nd but we will know for sure on 22nd

Back