New Select Executive Tier at AGR

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To the Amtrak employees monitoring this thread:

I'm a bit confused. I got a letter this morning saying that I'm getting the Executive status but I am a bit confused as to what are the additional benefits for giving Amtrak 10k in one year (other than 100% point bonus instead of 75%).

United Clubs access is already a part of S+. Will there be if-space-available automatic upgrades to First? Complementary pick ups / pick offs in a destination in the city? Something to parallel the similar perks extended by airlines?

Thank you.
Nick,

Since this forum is no run by Amtrak, officially there are NO Amtrak employees monitoring anything here. Some employees do post here, but they do so in an unofficial capacity.

As for benefits:

Select Plus gets a 50% bonus. So Exec is getting double that, at 100%.

Additionally you will get 48 hour upgrade coupons, just like Select Plus. In addition to the coupons mailed in late Feb, throughout the year once you've earned 20K in points again, for every 3,000 after that you'll get another coupon. You'll also get companion coupons, in addition to a few other benefits.
Hi Alan,

Thank you for responding.

If I hear you and others correctly, the only two additional ways the top tier is compensated (compared to S+) is 100% bonus points (instead of 75%) and a class upgrade coupon for each 3,000 TQPs. Do you know if there is a way to raise this with Amtrak - or is there a better forum at which to post this? Doing a comparable travel (weekly NE corridor trips) with an airline would result in many more perks.

Once again, thanks for your information.

Nick

Hi Alan,

Thank you for responding.

If I hear you and others correctly, the only two additional ways the top tier is compensated (compared to S+) is 100% bonus points (instead of 75%) and a class upgrade coupon for each 3,000 TQPs. Do you know if there is a way to raise this with Amtrak - or is there a better forum at which to post this? Doing a comparable travel (weekly NE corridor trips) with an airline would result in many more perks.

Once again, thanks for your information.

Nick
Once again, there is no 75% bonus at any level. Select Plus is only 50%, Select Executive is 100% or double that of Select Plus.

Additional benefits of Exec that are not part of Plus, include:

No limit to buying points. (Plus has a 10K limit per year)

An exclusive phone line for Exec's only.

Auto registration for every promo.

And there may be additional perks offered during the year.

Back