new timetable cover

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amtrakmichigan

Lead Service Attendant
I received my new spring timetable today. Amtrak is sure mailing these out quick compared to a few years ago.

Anyway if any of you received yours already you will notice that the front cover is a drawing or a copy of a painting, it's a nice touch I think. But look at the first car...... a Superliner in Phase II. I cracked a smile when I seen that.

Once again a nice job on the timetables. I just don't care for how Amtrak has pretty much done away with the train names for short and medium haul trips. I have always refered to Detroit - Chicago service by train name, not number. Twilight Limited and Lake Cities names are now a thing of the past. All 3 trains are now called Wolverine service. Naming each train is old tradition and I think Amtrak should stick with that tradition.

amtrakmichigan said:
Anyway if any of you received yours already you will notice that the front cover is a drawing or a copy of a painting, it's a nice touch I think. But look at the first car...... a Superliner in Phase II. I cracked a smile when I seen that.
The front cover is indeed an illustration by a noted railroad artist, J. Craig Thorpe. It commemorates the 75th anniversary of the Empire Builder.

One can even buy a full sized commemorative poster with this illustration from the Amtrak store for $15.00 .

Ps. I too miss the train names. Wish they'd come back even here on the NEC. :(

amtrakmichigan said:
But look at the first car...... a Superliner in Phase II. I cracked a smile when I seen that.
That's a Superliner in the new Phase VI scheme, just the pin stripe white and red lines mixed together. Aslo note the new wave logo and red safety stripe on the bottom of the car as well.

Amfleet said:
amtrakmichigan said:
But look at the first car...... a Superliner in Phase II. I cracked a smile when I seen that.
That's a Superliner in the new Phase VI scheme, just the pin stripe white and red lines mixed together. Aslo note the new wave logo and red safety stripe on the bottom of the car as well.
Were up to phase VI now?? The stripes are much wider in this painting then any newer phase that I have encountered. Yes I did see the safety stripe and logo, but the upper stripes look so much like the old phase II.

Phase IVb...whatever floats your boat. The Phase VI stripes are what you would normally find on a prototypical Superliner. Phase II stripes would've reached right to the bottom sill of the second level windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back