New to AGR - Not!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacorbett70

Lead Service Attendant
AU Supporting Member
I thought I or AGR started a new account or there was a phishing email until I saw the accurate AGR point count. Maybe they made some update or reset to the site this week and this was my first trip on the new site? Maybe it was just a goof.

Your first trip has earned you your first points‏
(Inset lists my name, Select Plus status, and the close to 100K AGR points I have squirreled away)

Attachments, pictures and links in this message have been blocked for your safety.

Show content | Always show content from [email protected]

(picture of a blue AGR card)

Thank you for traveling

with us. You're on your

way to free travel.

It just keeps getting better from here.

Thank you for taking your first trip—you're on your way to getting the rewards you want. You should receive your permanent card and other Amtrak Guest Rewards® program materials in three to six weeks. If you have any questions about your membership, please contact us for help.

Remember, you earn points for both Amtrak® travel and purchases made through our program partners. You can redeem points for free travel starting at just 1,000 points. Or you can redeem for gift certificates at leading retailers and restaurants, hotels, car rentals, movie theaters and more.

Congratulations on taking your first trip and earning your first points. Please take a moment to learn about many other ways you can earn points toward free Amtrak travel and other exciting rewards.

Call and ask about it. I called, simply expressing a bit of surprise and confusion (I've been AGR for about two years) but in no way anger or anything like that...and they gave me 200 "goodwill" points for the inconvenience.

Back