New Years Eve

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this crazy?

We will be coming back from Portland and I noticed the fare is about $150 cheaper on new years eve as compared to the other days after Christmas/New Years.

We'll be traveling coach.. I am just wondering, is there usually a lot of drunk people going crazy or is it fairly low key?

I don't mind people drinking but if it's going to be really crazy with partiers everywhere (and no-where to go to escape!), I'd rather spend the extra.

Snackbar and sightseer place would be the worse place for party. Coach shouldn't be a no problem because 10 pm is a quiet time. If someone is drunk, the conductor will kick him/her out at the next stop.

New Year's Eve on a train
wub.gif

I'm going to have to do that some day - what a fun way to see the New Year in.

The Conductors don't allow craziness and, remember, if someone is disruptive - find a Conductor and tell them

.Have fun!

I'm sure there will be no serious craziness and I've never seen a conductor with patience for drunks so you should have little to worry about. That said, I'll be on the northbound Starlight New Year's Eve (no AGR blackout on the 31st). At the least it should be Mrs SP&S and myself, enjoying a glass of champagne, and -showing our age- listing to an mp3 of Guy Lombardo in the parlor car.

We were on the Coast Starlight last New Year's Eve. Here is a short video I took in the PPC. As you can see, it was very family-friendly and low key. Coach is probably even calmer, since no alcohol is allowed there. Have fun and enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back