New

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABDeh88

Train Attendant
Hi all. Happy to be here. Wife just rolled her eyes when I told her I joined another forum, haha. ...

I'm an Amtrak newbie as far as trips ridden, just once in 1997 on the CZ from DEN to MTP by myself. I was 16. I liked it but was nervous about riding alone plus it was overnight so I didn't get to sightsee much. Not that that sectionof the trip is very scenic anyway.

But come this Tuesday (the 12th) my wife and I will be taking the CZ from DEN to WIP for the day, returning in the evening. Just a short trip but my first time going west so I'm excited.

I've been railfanning for years, followed the Moffat Route as much as I could, and gone to the tunnel multiple times to spot. Good times!

Hi all. Happy to be here. Wife just rolled her eyes when I told her I joined another forum, haha. ...

I'm an Amtrak newbie as far as trips ridden, just once in 1997 on the CZ from DEN to MTP by myself. I was 16. I liked it but was nervous about riding alone plus it was overnight so I didn't get to sightsee much. Not that that sectionof the trip is very scenic anyway.

But come this Tuesday (the 12th) my wife and I will be taking the CZ from DEN to WIP for the day, returning in the evening. Just a short trip but my first time going west so I'm excited.

I've been railfanning for years, followed the Moffat Route as much as I could, and gone to the tunnel multiple times to spot. Good times!
Welcome to the board! Make sure you are a member of Amtrak's Guest Rewards, and post often.

It's a very fun board, and one can learn lots of info. I bet the_traveler alone has saved me thousands.........for real.

Last edited by a moderator:
I second rrdude's welcome!

And I also second his advice to join Amtrak Guest Rewards (AGR)! Both of you should join! And also register for the current promotion. For travel between now and May 6, you earn double points! For travel between May 7 and May 21, you will earn triple points!

There is a sign up bonus also. If you would like, I would be glad to refer you both. Just send me via private mail (PM) both of your email addresses. Each account needs their own email address.

Welcome to the board. I hope you will enjoy your upcoming trip,

and don't wait so long for another trip!!

Thanks for the welcome. I appreciate it.

Funny thing is, Shanghai, my wife has been on the DEN-BRL-DEN CZ more than I have. We may go back out to Iowa in June or possibly May. If June, maybe we can extend the trip to Galesburg and stop by Railroad Days.

As for the AGR info, I'll PM you, the_traveler!

Thank you again!

Edit: Not to veer off topic, but can I put Tuesday's trip toward my AGR, assuming I am signed up by then? Tix were purchased March 28th.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the welcome. I appreciate it.

Funny thing is, Shanghai, my wife has been on the DEN-BRL-DEN CZ more than I have. We may go back out to Iowa in June or possibly May. If June, maybe we can extend the trip to Galesburg and stop by Railroad Days.

As for the AGR info, I'll PM you, the_traveler!

Thank you again!

Edit: Not to veer off topic, but can I put Tuesday's trip toward my AGR, assuming I am signed up by then? Tix were purchased March 28th.
YES, you can put Tuesday's trip on AGR. It'd be easier for you join first, then call Amtrak RESV, and have them ADD your AGR number to the reservation. But even if you don't get signed up, you can retroactively put your trip on AGR, just takes a wee bit more effort.

I the_traveler gets enough referral points to have his own bedroom for a 3-zone award! Hey, why not?

Back