Newark Airport to Amtrak

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

maureen

My teenage child will be landing in Newark International from Paris and will have to find Amtrak train to Rhode Island. How does he get to train from airport? how long is the commute to train?

My teenage child will be landing in Newark International from Paris and will have to find Amtrak train to Rhode Island. How does he get to train from airport? how long is the commute to train?
One simply takes the Airtrain right to the Amtrak platform. Follow signs within the airport for the Airtrain, which will stop right at the train platform. From there, he/she can pick up their train ticket, which includes the fare for the Airtrain (the Airtrain fare is paid upon exit when coming from the airport). The train will pull up to the platform, and he/she can get on and ride all the way to Rhode Island. Newark has the best integrated train/air connection of any airport in this country.

One simply takes the Airtrain right to the Amtrak platform. Follow signs within the airport for the Airtrain, which will stop right at the train platform. From there, he/she can pick up their train ticket, which includes the fare for the Airtrain (the Airtrain fare is paid upon exit when coming from the airport). The train will pull up to the platform, and he/she can get on and ride all the way to Rhode Island. Newark has the best integrated train/air connection of any airport in this country.
Agree, but I gotta give BWI a close second. Don't have to walk nearly as far to get to the bus (every 15 minutes at least) to the airport, or vice-verca. (plus, if you want to, you can count Baltimore's light rail, which does [eventually] connect to Baltimore's Penn Station, but I would NEVER use that, or schedule that as a connection to/between Amtrak and the airlines)

Newark has the best integrated train/air connection of any airport in this country.
Agree, but I gotta give BWI a close second. Don't have to walk nearly as far to get to the bus (every 15 minutes at least) to the airport, or vice-verca. (plus, if you want to, you can count Baltimore's light rail, which does [eventually] connect to Baltimore's Penn Station, but I would NEVER use that, or schedule that as a connection to/between Amtrak and the airlines)
Philadelphia has it pretty good too. I used it just yesterday. Walk out of the terminal and there is a SEPTA station right there (in fact 4 stations to cover all terminals), in fifteen minutes you are at 30th Street station and ready to board Amtrak. I found it very convenient.

Newark has the best integrated train/air connection of any airport in this country.
Philadelphia has it pretty good too. I used it just yesterday. Walk out of the terminal and there is a SEPTA station right there (in fact 4 stations to cover all terminals), in fifteen minutes you are at 30th Street station and ready to board Amtrak. I found it very convenient.
Haven't done Philadelphia yet, but I have done both EWR and BWI. I actually prefer Washington National (DCA -- refuse to call it Reagan) for ease of connecting to mass transit (and even Amtrak). Good luck to your adventurous teenager. It'll be a great experience I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back