no more electronics on Amtrak, who thought these rules up ???

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am amazed at the number of members of this forum who are not reading the messages. You can continue to bring your electronic devices on board, just don't pack them in checked baggage. This is no different than it has ever been.

I definitely feel sorry for the person who has to write this nonsense. They must get locked up in an old baggage car until they come up with something this ridiculous.
Actually, maybe the problem is that they hired some unemployed political ad writers to write up their policies. As we can all amply attest to at this point, NONE of those people would know the truth about anything if it rose up and bit 'em on the rump. Burger King even has a sandwich named in their honor - THE WHOPPER!

I definitely feel sorry for the person who has to write this nonsense. They must get locked up in an old baggage car until they come up with something this ridiculous.
Actually, maybe the problem is that they hired some unemployed political ad writers to write up their policies. As we can all amply attest to at this point, NONE of those people would know the truth about anything if it rose up and bit 'em on the rump. Burger King even has a sandwich named in their honor - THE WHOPPER!
Well,

Having to deal with Lawyers in my own Organization and watching them agonize over every word or the words that are missing, I can well understand why it's written the way it's written. Not that I agree with how these guidelines(and others) are crafted, it just comes out like gobbledygook and makes me want to scream!

Simple solution get a sleeping compartment and keep your door closed and locked all the time,then you

can enjoy your laptop,scanner,ipod,dvd player,radio,tv or whatever you bring on board with you without

anyone bothering you about your electronic items.Dont forget your headphones so your sound effects

wont disturb anyone.Thats what i do when i ride amtrak on a long distance route.If you carry a scanner

be sure the crew doesnt see you using it one time i had mine outside on the platform at a station and a

crew member told me to put it away or a railroad official would get me in trouble.I believe mobil scanners

are illegal for use in some states unless you are a law enforcement,fire department,or someone who uses

a radio for their job. There is a web page called us scanner laws you need to check out before you use a

scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back