No SB NEC connection from #42

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Damon

OBS Chief
The thread title says it all.

One can no longer book (at least according to Amtrak.com) a SB connection at Philadelphia from #42, which runs Monday-Saturday. Amtrak.com does show a SB connection from #44 -- the Sunday-only Pennsylvanian.

As an exercise, attempt to book a trip from either Greensburg, PA or Latrobe, PA to Washington, DC on Amtrak.com. You'll get the "Sorry, this itinerary is not available" screen, and Amtrak.com will kick out a alternative schedule for #44, on Sunday. Too bad if one wants to travel west of Harrisburg to Washington, DC Monday-Saturday.

What makes this especially odd is that Amtrak.com will let you book a NB connection off of #42, and onto a Regional. I have not yet tried to book the SB routing through an agent.

The thread title says it all.
One can no longer book (at least according to Amtrak.com) a SB connection at Philadelphia from #42, which runs Monday-Saturday. Amtrak.com does show a SB connection from #44 -- the Sunday-only Pennsylvanian.

As an exercise, attempt to book a trip from either Greensburg, PA or Latrobe, PA to Washington, DC on Amtrak.com. You'll get the "Sorry, this itinerary is not available" screen, and Amtrak.com will kick out a alternative schedule for #44, on Sunday. Too bad if one wants to travel west of Harrisburg to Washington, DC Monday-Saturday.

What makes this especially odd is that Amtrak.com will let you book a NB connection off of #42, and onto a Regional. I have not yet tried to book the SB routing through an agent.
That's interesting. I was able to make it with a multi-city reservation. However, there were two trains that leave PHL earlier than the one shown below and the system wouldn't let me choose either of those. And, I assume, the one shown below wouldn't be a guaranteed connection.

Schedule.jpg

That's interesting. I was able to make it with a multi-city reservation. However, there were two trains that leave PHL earlier than the one shown below and the system wouldn't let me choose either of those. And, I assume, the one shown below wouldn't be a guaranteed connection.
MrFSS,

That's what I understand about using the multi-city reservation screen -- that if you make a reservation that way, the connections may not be guaranteed.

I've gotten some feedback suggesting this issue may be a bug in ARROW. Stay tuned.

That's very odd. It's possible though that it's just a fault in the reservation system. You should be able to get a guaranteed itenerary from an agent though.

It probably was just a glitch in the reservations system. The connection works now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back