North East Weather

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I lost count yesterday at 7 INCHES of RAIN! :eek: For the month of March, RI received over 15 INCHES of RAIN! I believe that is near how much SNOW we received all winter!

Luckily Chez Traveler had no problems, but I was just out, and many streets are flooded or completely closed due to flooding!

I lost count yesterday at 7 INCHES of RAIN! :eek: For the month of March, RI received over 15 INCHES of RAIN! I believe that is near how much SNOW we received all winter!
Luckily Chez Traveler had no problems, but I was just out, and many streets are flooded or completely closed due to flooding!

That's ugly!!!!!! We here in my area sometimes don't get 15 inches of precipitation of any form all year! I can't imagine that much in one month!!

That's ugly!!!!!! We here in my area sometimes don't get 15 inches of precipitation of any form all year! I can't imagine that much in one month!!
One of the islands, Kaui gets this

Mount Wai-‘ale-‘ale, Kauai, one of the Hawaiian islands - the weather station here is 1569 metres high and records on average 13,000mm to 11,684mm rain per year, depending on which source you believe. Either way this is really wet!!!!! Rain falls on between 335 and 360 days per year, again depending on which source you believe. Nearby sea level sites, meanwhile, record around 500mm rain per year.
That hundreds of inches, And they filmed part of the new King Kong there.

Back