Ohio Gov Kasich Calls Us A "Train Cult"

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Even if one accepts your theory that we are going down the tubes, it isn't until now that you are putting 2 and 2 together"

It's just math. Plain and simple. The money is gone, the good jobs are going offshore, tax base decreasing, interest on debt increasing, etc etc etc. And yes people will regret the cuts to HSR, and they will also regret the cuts coming to everything else much more. HSR simply does not rank that high.

"You're back to 2 + 2 = \/13. If what you say is true, it doesn't make sense to cut something that ranks 267 and under your scenario will become an absolute necessity,."

HSR is only potentially a neccessity on the NEC, and I think (hope) it will survive there. It's not a necessity anywhere else, because it does not exist anywhere else in the USA. That is what makes this so easy to cut.....

I've lived decades w/o HSR, and I survive just fine.

I love passenger rail, but folks need to fight the right fight. And fighting for HSR is not one of them.

Anyway, I think I got my point across that there are lots of Passenger Rail fans in the USA, and not all support HSR. Ohio did the right thing, and the fact of the matter is, the OH election results show it. Let's hope FL gets their head screwed on straight and kills this too.

The Ohio election results don't show any such thing.Kasich(R-Wall St)won by the narrowest of margins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back