Ohio Woman Charges With Child Endangerment

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ALC Rail Writer

Engineer
MASSILLON, OH —A Massillon mother who was holding her

3-year-old son when she boarded and jumped from a train last month has been charged with misdemeanor child endangering.

The 23-year-old woman turned herself in to police Thursday morning, according to Massillon Police Sgt. J.J. DiLoreto. The Independent generally does not name criminal suspects charged with misdemeanors.

A photographer on assignment for The Independent Aug. 12 at the Tremont Avenue Viaduct project noticed a woman board the train in the 400 block of Tremont Avenue S.W. The newspaper published photos in its Aug. 13 edition showing the woman jumping onto the train.
Full story here--

She could have just gone to ALC-- it's only forty minutes away!

She didn't even attempt to go in a open boxcar but just hung on the outside of the train. One wrong move its game over. And shes only being charged with a misdemeanor?

She didn't even attempt to go in a open boxcar but just hung on the outside of the train. One wrong move its game over. And shes only being charged with a misdemeanor?
My guess would be that the law didn't assume this sort of situation, and so the "best" that the authorities could come up with was the "endangerment" misdemeanor.

Charge her with felony criminal stupidity?

Or ship her off to India where this is common practice?

Last edited by a moderator:
The woman told DiLoreto her son was curious about the train and wanted to see it. She also told authorities the train was not moving when she boarded.
Maybe it was stopped when she boarded, but did she have any other thoughts when it started moving - like step off? :huh:
Don't ask, don't ask, don't ask...

I don't know who handled her case because I don't know her name... but Massillon has a number of nutty judges.

Charge her with felony criminal stupidity?Or ship her off to India where this is common practice?
normal_Crowded_Indian_Trains01.jpg

I don't know if this is what trains in India look like most days, or if this picture was posed for entertainment purposes only.

Back