Oklahoma City Quik Trak or No Quick Trak

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

highballing

Train Attendant
Can somebody tell me does Oklahoma City have a quik trak kiosk or not. Amtrak says it does this forum threads say different. If so where is it???

While I always board in Norman, from what I understand, there still is no QT in OKC, although talk has been plenty long about putting one in there. The closest one is in FTW, which is the only Amtrak staffed station on the entire Heartland Flyer route.

Yes it does. See this link for details on hours of the quik trak in OKC. According to Amtrak.com but I believe it's a manned station.

Edit: OlympianHiawatha beat me to the punch. But they know better as they are from that area.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it does. See this link for details on hours of the quik trak in OKC. According to Amtrak.com but I believe it's a manned station.

Edit: OlympianHiawatha beat me to the punch. But they know better as they are from that area.
Another example of the left hand not knowing what the right is doing @ Amtrak!!!! :rolleyes: And its NOT a manned station, it's privately owned and has been locked up several times by the greedy landlord!!

And this is precisely because it is NOT a manned station. The big mean owners of the property and Oklahoma City have been fighting over the rights to use the facility for decades.

I am *NOT* a proponent of imminent domain, but in this case..........

There is no agent at OKC, but I guess there is a QT machine there. In the past the conductor would normally have pre-printed tickets ready for the passengers as long ad they made their reservations at least one day in advance. FTW would print the tickets out before hand, the night before. Not sure how they do it now with the QT. I haven't been to OKC in a couple years.

That is really great news, I will now be able to book my long distance trips on one reservation instead of breaking it up into OKC - FTW and FTW & beyond so I don't have to print all the tickets at purchase and have them mailed.

My only question is what happens when I show up for my trip and the machine isn't working? I assume they only installed one of these?

I may have to make a Field Trip there and sniff it out. Of course I'll drive since the Heartland Flyer requires an overnight and being 15 miles from the house, I'm not hurting for train miles that bad :lol:

Did anyone ever find out what the situation is at the OKC station? I have booked two upcoming trips from there using the QT option, so I assume they are good to go. Just wondering if anyone has seen it and how many are there?

Did anyone ever find out what the situation is at the OKC station? I have booked two upcoming trips from there using the QT option, so I assume they are good to go. Just wondering if anyone has seen it and how many are there?
From what I've heard, it is still pending, but I could easily be wrong since I always board at Norman. If you have enough time, you may want to play it safe and get your tickets mailed to you.

My friend Margie and I took the Flyer in September, and I saw some folks using the QT in the back end of the building, past the stairs going up to the platform. I thought.......maybe they were doing something else.

My friend Margie and I took the Flyer in September, and I saw some folks using the QT in the back end of the building, past the stairs going up to the platform. I thought.......maybe they were doing something else.
The Amtrak web site says there is a Quik Trak at the Oklahoma city station. The on-line Heartland Flyer schedule has a QT symbol for Oklahoma city. Sounds like Oklahoma City station has a Quik Trak machine.

I am taking a trip to FTW tomorrow and will post pictures of the location of the new QT machine(s) at the OKC station.

My only question is what happens when I show up for my trip and the machine isn't working? I assume they only installed one of these?
The one time this happened to me, the conductor called ahead to Galesburg where the agent printed all the tickets and delivered them when the train arrived. Just to be on the safe side, I would take a copy of the confirmation email or web page.

There is only one machine. Three people ahead of me were stumbling through the process for the first time, but everything went smoothly.

Having the option to not get your tickets mailed when you make a reservation several months ahead of time is great!

Edit: Wanted to add that parking is $6 a day.

It was down this morning, but they've just started etickets on the flyer. Some folks expecting to buy from the machine in OKC called the 800 number and paid for an eticket. Saw the conductors scanning peoples print outs and even from their phones and ipads. Pretty cool stuff.

I know that this thread isn't really active, but I figured I's ask anyway. What is the point of listing the hours of a Quik-Trak machine? Is it just a different way of saying station hours, or am I missing something here?

It was down this morning, but they've just started etickets on the flyer. Some folks expecting to buy from the machine in OKC called the 800 number and paid for an eticket. Saw the conductors scanning peoples print outs and even from their phones and ipads. Pretty cool stuff.
They actually made the final cut over last night on the way home from FTW when an Amtrak rep was onboard and had the Conductors scan without pulling or punching tickets. This will make life so much easier since now I can book last second and not have to worry about following up with AGR to "force" my Points and it will make life easier for the Conductors who before had to write plenty of onboard tickets.

I know that this thread isn't really active, but I figured I's ask anyway. What is the point of listing the hours of a Quik-Trak machine? Is it just a different way of saying station hours, or am I missing something here?
I haven't been to OKC station, but in STL and KCY, the QT machine is inside the station building, so it has the same hours as the building. In both cases, the station buildings are shared: KCY with a museum, hotel, and a few other tenants; and STL with Greyhound. So the Amtrak hours may be different from the hours for the building itself.

From what I understand the OKC Station is open only for a few minutes before train time and it is still a dump. The City has been in an ongoing row with the slumlord who owns it over restoring it back to something worthy of belonging in Bricktown/downtown OKC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back