Old Amtrak Timetables Online

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike

Train Attendant
I was wondering if there is a website(s) where I can look at Amtrak timetables from the mid to late 80's,early 90's. Any insight is appreciated

Not presently, but such an effort is in the works. If you have any specific questions about routes or certain Amtrak services offered during a period of time, we can certainly try to help. :)

Stay tuned to this forum later on this year for more news about timetables online.

Not presently, but such an effort is in the works. If you have any specific questions about routes or certain Amtrak services offered during a period of time, we can certainly try to help. :)
Stay tuned to this forum later on this year for more news about timetables online.
I just discovered this thread. How's the project going?

I'm particularly interested in the timetable for the Cardinal which would have been in effect for September 2nd, 1990. On that day, my family drove from Lynchburg to Clifton Forge, boarded the eastbound Cardinal, got off at Staunton, wandered around town during a brief layover, and then boarded the westbound Cardinal to detrain at Clifton Forge and drive home. You can still do that, but while today the trip from Staunton to Clifton Forge is from 2:57 to 4:05 PM, in 1990 I believe it was at least two hours later. Moreover, then the Cardinal had a dining car--now you see why we took this trip :) But I don't know what the exact timing was, and I'd very much like to.

That was, as best we could recall over Thanksgiving dinner, my first ride on Amtrak; I was thirteen. (I found the exact date after dinner, going through Dad's box of old day-planners.)

I have been caught up with other rail-related projects and this has fallen to the back burner. I am away for the holiday weekend but if you will send me a PM early next week, I can locate the hard-copy timetable for you and take a digital picture or two of the pages and send them along. :)

I also have a stack of old schedules I got off eBay for a few bucks. Let me know what you are looking for and I will see if I can help.

Hey, can you send me a pic of the 1990 Cardinal and Hoosier State Timetable? (or sometime around the early 90's) I would really appreciate it. My e-mail is [email protected]. Thanks!

I have access to 74 National and System timetables from 71 to the present thru the Cincinnati Railroad Club, be we are missing at least 21 National and System timetable from 72 thru 2007, and I would love to be able to get hard or digital copies of the timetables we're missing for use in research I'm doing on the names of Amtrak trains, any help would be appreciated.

DEN

I have been caught up with other rail-related projects and this has fallen to the back burner. I am away for the holiday weekend but if you will send me a PM early next week, I can locate the hard-copy timetable for you and take a digital picture or two of the pages and send them along. :)
I found this post. I am trying to collect some old timetables and set them up in PDF. Did this project ever get done?

Lou Thompson

I found this post. I am trying to collect some old timetables and set them up in PDF. Did this project ever get done?

Lou Thompson
Yes, see the pinned thread in this forum "Introducing....Museum of Railway Timetables"

Lou Thompson
Or click here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back