Old Sunset Timetable

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VentureForth

Engineer
Wow. Just asking for this is like asking for a schedule for the Hilltopper or one of those other old "Legacy" lines. But I'd like to see the timetable for the Sunset Limited just before Katrina. My friends are going to LA next year from Savannah. Train through DC and Chicago would take WAY too long. Flying is too expensive. Last alternative is driving, but that'll be quite a haul, too.

I know that the train from Jacksonville isn't really faster, but the convenience would be more than compensatory. Maybe.

Wow. Just asking for this is like asking for a schedule for the Hilltopper or one of those other old "Legacy" lines. But I'd like to see the timetable for the Sunset Limited just before Katrina. My friends are going to LA next year from Savannah. Train through DC and Chicago would take WAY too long. Flying is too expensive. Last alternative is driving, but that'll be quite a haul, too.
I know that the train from Jacksonville isn't really faster, but the convenience would be more than compensatory. Maybe.
I would if someone could explain how to past it in here.

PreKatrina.jpg

See-Level Lounge Cars were ex-Santa Fe Hi-Level lounges. There are currently used as Pacific Parlor Cars.

Just want to point out that the timetable MrFSS posted is not one from just pre-Katrina.

In addition to the Sunset running to Miami in this TT, as opposed to Orlando, this schedule predates the 10+ hours of padding added too the schedule back in 2000-2001.

Just want to point out that the timetable MrFSS posted is not one from just pre-Katrina.
In addition to the Sunset running to Miami in this TT, as opposed to Orlando, this schedule predates the 10+ hours of padding added too the schedule back in 2000-2001.
Ahh - ok. I didn't seem to recall that Jacksonville to LA could be done in 2 1/2 days. Wish it still could...

I have a scanned .jpg image of the 2004 schedule. I have no clue how to post it. If someone knows how, I will email it to ya...

david

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back