On Board Coach to Business Class Upgrade

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike77E9

Train Attendant
Hi All,

I'm going to be traveling down on the Carolinian for business from Newark, NJ to Charlotte this Wednesday the 4th and returning on Saturday the 14th. My company only pays for coach class, however, I'm willing to pay to upgrade to Business on board if available. Does anyone have any experience with an on board upgrade from Coach to Business on the Carolinian?

I've done an upgrade once before from Coach to Roomette on the Silver Meteor, i'm just curious if the conductors on the Carolinian would be receptive to an on board upgrade. Also, is there any price breaks for an on board upgrade if there is capacity available and coach is pretty much sold out?

Thanks,

Mike

According to Amsnag, the whole train looks completely sold out. It looks like you will be out of luck. Otherwise, I'm sure that it'd be available the same way a sleeper is, but I really don't know the answer to that.

If you've already paid for your ticket with a company card, could you go online and upgrade with a personal card? Of course, this assumes business class seats are available....

According to Amsnag, the whole train looks completely sold out. It looks like you will be out of luck. Otherwise, I'm sure that it'd be available the same way a sleeper is, but I really don't know the answer to that.
The Carolinian on Wednesday, April 4 is sold out due to Easter week traffic. Looks like a lot of trains will be packed through this weekend.

The return trip CLT to NWK on Saturday, April 14, shows BC seats are available. But they may not be on April 14. Mike77E9, if you are willing to pay for the upgrade to BC, you won't get a discount on the train. Would be easier to do at the station ticket window that day before you get on the train if BC is still available or just go ahead and upgrade the April 14 trip to BC now.

How can one tell that "the whole train looks completely sold out", by looking at amsnag? Just wondering as it would be interesting to see how the trip I have planned on SM fills up.

Thanks.

How can one tell that "the whole train looks completely sold out", by looking at amsnag? Just wondering as it would be interesting to see how the trip I have planned on SM fills up.

Thanks.
I always double check with Amtrak's website to see if it's sold out.. In this case there was at least BC seat open for the taking on the 4th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back