Operations Supervisers

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NewYorker

Here we go again... It seems that the old OBS Chiefs have gone through another change, the last change was when they were called Product Line Supervisors. A report filled with Gunns office after a review of the new Operations Supervisors reported has some very negitive things to say about the current supervisors.

In new york they said that the supervisors would just show up and walk around. When they were asked what they were doing each one of the supervisors responded with the same answers..it seemed that they all were doing the same job on the same shift, but none could or would tell what they were doing.

In Miami the Operations Supervisors were working less than 40 hours a week.

One of the biggest problems seemed to be in Kansas City. The report stated that the supervisor there is trying to supervise the train and engine crews and even test the operating crews. It went on to say that the supervisor was " way in over his head".

I know three supervisors in Miami, and all three do a very good job. Sometimes they double as car attendants when we have one guy for the four coaches, they will set up for wheelchair lifts, get any items the crew needs, etc. I personally think that the supervisors are most needed on weekends when travel is heavy.

I don't know about having gone through another change...I haven't worked since last summer. However, what I can tell you, is that one of my PLSs from last summer is now out of a job...he's working LSA now. My understanding is that for the most part, they are just eliminating positions (which makes sense to me).

They needed to get rid of the obs chiefs, all they did was ***** about things and when you needed them they were never there to help. There were a "few" that were good and took pride in the trains and the job that we all did. After they changed the job title to Prouduct Line Supervisor they took them off the trains for a while and then put them back on ..but they did not make the full trip. I can only talk about trains 3 & 4 I dont know what they did on other trains. In L.A. they had so many of the PLS types they would all just ride around in golf carts looking busy. In K.C. they had 2 guys that were good if you needed anything they could make sure you got it and they took care of a lot of the passenger problems at K.C. the Ticket agents there are for the birds. As far as the new Supervisor in K.C.I have never seen him the only thing I know about him are the stories the crews out of KCY tell us and it all seems like the guy is just like the old chiefs he is never around and is little or no help to anyone. They said they can't figure out what the guy is there for. B)

Guest said:
Could this be true? does anyone know anything about this??
I'm curious why this guy reposted just a few minutes later, using the same IP as he did on the first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back