Opportunity to get 500 Amtrak reward points easy

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve4031 said:
I just saw this last night and registered.  As long as you travel by March 31, you get bonus points.  That should be easy for all of us.   :D
There's also a reward now for refering a friend, colleague, or family member to the GR program.

And by the way Steve, if you buy your Acela ticket with a MasterCard and sign up for the promo, you'll get double points for your Acela trip. Click here for more info. :)

AlanB said:
Steve4031 said:
I just saw this last night and registered.  As long as you travel by March 31, you get bonus points.  That should be easy for all of us.   :D
There's also a reward now for refering a friend, colleague, or family member to the GR program.

And by the way Steve, if you buy your Acela ticket with a MasterCard and sign up for the promo, you'll get double points for your Acela trip. Click here for more info. :)
Is New York Penn Station to Boston South Station a qualifying city pair?

I would only be taking the one trip, but double points would be nice because I do use a mastercard.

Steve4031 said:
I would only be taking the one trip, but double points would be nice because I do use a mastercard.
Steve,

NYP - BOS absolutely is one of the pairs. In fact any Boston station to NYP is a valid pair. So make sure you sign up for the promo, use a MasterCard, and that you are traveling before May 31st and you'll get 1,000 points instead of 500 for that leg of your trip.

I love bonuses! :)

AlanB said:
Steve4031 said:
Steve,

NYP - BOS absolutely is one of the pairs. In fact any Boston station to NYP is a valid pair. So make sure you sign up for the promo, use a MasterCard, and that you are traveling before May 31st and you'll get 1,000 points instead of 500 for that leg of your trip.

I love bonuses! :)
It's a done deal.

Right now, I'm also considering a quick ride out to D.C. in and back on the Capitol for Thursday to Saturday. At $122 round trip coach, that is not a bad deal. I'm switching to a new school Monday, and Friday is a staff develpment day that would be spent at the old school. :( In stead, I could be eating breakfast in the diner and enjoying Sand Patch while my so called friends are going to work. :D

On Monday, Im gonna check with the new school. If they do not want me there on Friday, I'll be on the rails.

Do you have to complete your trip by 31Mar or can you at least have started your trip by then to get the bonus points(or at least the one way portion?). Taking the Crescent to NO before 31st but won't return until 1st wk April

Just ride one Amtrak train before then. I registered in the middle of my trip, and already got my bonus points.

MD Railfan said:
Do you have to complete your trip by 31Mar or can you at least have started your trip by then to get the bonus points(or at least the one way portion?). Taking the Crescent to NO before 31st but won't return until 1st wk April
MD,

The bonus is based upon the first ticket lifted by a conductor. So assuming that you start your trip before the 31st, your ticket will be lifted before the 31st and you will qualify for the 500 point bouns as long as you register for the promo prior to starting your travels.

The fact that additional tickets for the other legs of your trip will be lifted after the 31st will have no bearing on getting the bonus. It's that critical first ticket for the first leg, which must be dated prior to 31st and collected by the conductor.

Back