Order of stops for Thruway Bus leaving EMY

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark P

Train Attendant
What is the order of stops for the Thruway bus after it picks up California Zephyr passengers in EMY? The 5 timetable shows the Regency as being one of the stops, but when I called to book my connection to there, the lady said it was no longer a stop. So clearly the order of stops has changed. What is the current order? Can I just get off wherever I want? I'll most likely be staying near Moscone Center, near where the current timetable says "SF Shopping Center 835 Market St."

in my limited (and long ago) experience riding the CZ bus connection from CZ into San Francisco, rhe driver chose what order to do stops based on teaffic and number of passengers. I was going to the Caltrain station -- he let me off 2nd instead of last.

NOTE that all amtrak stops in SF -- excepting the one at the temporary transbay terminal (SFC) are being cancelled for the first two weeks of February and the last weekend of January, due to special events setup for the Super Bowl.

My hotel is near Moscone center, so I'll probably just get off at the Temporary Transbay Terminal and walk down Howard St, rather than ride the bus all the way to Fisherman's Wharf and back.

My hotel is near Moscone center, so I'll probably just get off at the Temporary Transbay Terminal and walk down Howard St, rather than ride the bus all the way to Fisherman's Wharf and back.
I thought that sometimes the 5005 bus gets split up into two buses if there are too many reservations. That might make it faster since there's no particular need to stay on schedule without any pickups. Certainly weekday Capitol Corridor buses split up into 33xx and 66xx buses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back