Osceola Iowa parking...

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dabrilloman

Service Attendant
Howdy everyone! I am planning my second LD ride for the last week of March 2013. Osceola IA to Reno. I will be driving from St. Paul to Osceola and was wondering about long term parking in Osceola. The Amtrak site says there are only 10 long term parking spots at the station...does anyone know how often they are full? And are there options near the Osceola station just in case? Looking forward to the ride on the Zephyr!

Thanks for your help and comments!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in Des Moines and have parked in Osceola many times with no problems. The parking lot isn't huge but there is definitely more than 10 spots and really enough gravel area around the parking lot that you should be fine. The station keeper Pat will be happy to explain to you a safe spot to park and will be sure to keep an eye on your car if you ask. The station is just north of the town square in Osceola, where the police and sheriff's departments are located so I am sure they keep an eye on things as well. If you get there a little bit early to scope out things you will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back