OTM Upgrades and a Fail

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KmH

Engineer
I read in an Amtrak report they plan to refurbish the platform covers and make some other improvements at the Ottumwa, IA station.

Maybe their plan will include correcting the spelling on this sign identifying the OTM station's long term parking area:

Last edited by a moderator:
At least the sign does not say !

The Amtrack ...
default_ohmy.png

I read in an Amtrak report they plan to refurbish the platform covers and make some other improvements at the Ottumwa, IA station.
Are you sure you don't mean add platform covers? For those not familiar with OTM, the beams you see in the photo are all there is, no cover to refurbish.

Yep. The missing cover material was wood and it rotted out.

They will be refurbishing the supports and putting new covers on the supports.

Between 3/25 and 3/31 they did some work at the back of the station between the southeast corner of the building and the back entrance.

They had removed a metal bench and all the concrete between the building and the grass area between the building and the platform.

The concrete was replaced with crushed rock. I don't know if the rock was to be substrate for something else to be added.

Back