Our own Rtaburn in Trains March 2008 issue!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amtrak_russ

Service Attendant
Just got the new trains magazine and was skimming through, and i just happened to see Robert (rtaburn) pictured in a article about the National Park's trails and rails program. He is pictured on page 55 standing next to a fellow guide John Kelly preparing to board the eastbound empire builder. I may also mention that this issue has an article on the Pere Marquette accident in November, cool fold out map illustrating amtrak ridership, and an article about small towns served by amtrak and their stations. So if you dont have a subscription i'd suggest picking up the march 2008 issue of trains.

Hi... yes, very true. Thanks for noticing by the way! :)

I got a look at the article about 2 weeks ago once they sent me an advance copy, but didn't say anything quite yet here on the forum because the publisher said they wouldn't be out until February 12. (But, it looks like they are out already!!)

So, buy lots of copies!! Hahaha.

The article was written by my friend John Kelly of Madison, WI... his friend Linda who came along with us on that trip took the picture with my digital camera. John and I met last year during our T&R orientation session and got 2 runs together on the Empire Builder between Chicago and Winona, MN.

Our T&R season will be May 16-September 15... come and visit me on the Empire Builder. I dont have my dates yet, but I did 11 round-trips last season.

John Kelly is also a GREAT author by the way... has 5 or 6 of his own books out already. He and I will both be at a train show in Madison, WI on February 16. Free autographs for Forum members!! Hahaha.

I got a look at the article about 2 weeks ago once they sent me an advance copy, but didn't say anything quite yet here on the forum because the publisher said they wouldn't be out until February 12. (But, it looks like they are out already!!)
i have a subscription, so i guess the issue dosen't hit newsstands until the 12th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back