Pacific Surfliner tickets

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Google Maps shows how long Anaheim station is (they even have a train!). If you were at the "wrong" end and reading a book it could be that you didn't notice the train until after it had basically finished debarking people.
I think this is certainly the problem. In that view, I entered up the ramp, turned RIGHT and sat in that last bench area. I did notice the train right when it pulled up, but it's clear to me now that by the time I had made it down to the train..past the only open door whcih I guess was a luggage door since it was written that train is pushed, not pulled, the doors had let people out and in and then closed. I still don't know why they didn't see me to let me in, but I will turn LEFT next time.

Thank you for helping me work this out :)
I'm sorry but your explanations just don't make sense unless you were asleep or something. How could the woman sitting next to you notice the train and go and meet her friends getting off and you somehow saw the woman go to the train and yet all the doors were closed by the time you got there. As for what to do the next time you are boarding a train: I'm not sure any advice would be helpful in this instance.
::sigh:::don't know why you are getting snarky. The lady got up when I did to head down to the train. Her friend was approaching her since she had gotten off way down the track. As I said a zillion times..They had the doors CLOSED..which they shouldn't have. Clearly I should have been CLOSER..which I wasn't but since I now know where this train stops I can remedy this next time. Unless you were in the same situation in a completly unfamiliar area and following the only directions given by the attendant I don't see why you need to act so arrogant.

I would have been pretty upset if the train left when there are clearly passengers waiting to board. It's possible that if the train was behind schedule and there were few passengers that the conductors may not have seen you or mistook you for someone who had just disembarked. Some conductors will keep a door open to view the platform as the train departs. Others will simply board, close all doors, and off they go. Sorry it didn't work out for you.

I don't typical board or disembark at ANA, so I took a look at it on Google maps. The platform there isn't super-long, but it is longer than the typical 5- or 6-car Surfliner consist. The Metrolink trains tend to stop at the front end of the platform where you were sitting since it lines the first car up with the ADA ramp built at most Metrolink stations. The Surfliners usually stop further back, for whatever reason, as you found out. Funny, you can see a 6-car south-bound Surfliner train leaving ANA in the Google north-facing 45-degree satellite view. The lead engine is under the 57 freeway bridge.

Hopefully your next trip is a lot smoother.

I don't typical board or disembark at ANA, so I took a look at it on Google maps. The platform there isn't super-long, but it is longer than the typical 5- or 6-car Surfliner consist. The Metrolink trains tend to stop at the front end of the platform where you were sitting since it lines the first car up with the ADA ramp built at most Metrolink stations.
The platforms are at least long enough to board two Metrolink trains at once -- that's what Metrolink does for the return trips of their special Angels game service (northbound train at the north end, southbound train at the south end).

They're also long enough for a double-length Surfliner (two consists stuck together, an engine at either end). Those trains are the best, because they have two cafe cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back