Pacific Surfliner

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Montana Milwaukee

Scheduling a vacation in Disneyland and then on to Seattle on the Coast Starlite. Plan that seems to make sense is to do Anaheim to Los Angeles on the Surfliner #763 out of Anaheim at 8:07 and into Los Angeles at 8:50 and then connect to the Coast Starlite. A couple of rookie questions:

Is this a guaranteed connection to the Coast Starlite, or could anybody recommend a safer connection? What happens if the 763 is late and we miss the Starlite connection?

Can I check luggage at Anaheim straight through to Seattle or will I need to claim luggage in Los Angeles and recheck it onto the Coast Starlite?

How early should one get to the Anaheim station before the 8:07 departure in order to check luggage through etc. I will also have to have paper tickets issued.

For all who are more familiar with the LA transportation system than me--would you recommend a better way to get from Disneyland to the LA train station?

Thanks much for the help on this. The forum is a great help to me as an occassional AMTRAK passenger, usually on the Empire Builder--so I have a certain expection that trains will be late, although it looks like the California trains do pretty well on schedule.

Surfliner 763 is a good bet and there is checked luggage service available at the Anaheim station. If on time, you should arrive in LA with plenty of time to spare.

The Metrolink is fair game but you will need to wrangle your own luggage. LA Union Station can be a bit of a mess during rush hour as well. If truly paranoid about time and delay, there are Metrolink trains from Anaheim to LA available starting at 4:30 AM!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back