Parking at MKA - Milwaukee Airport Station?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wisEBfan

Train Attendant
Does anyone know about the parking available at the Milwaukee Airport station (MKA)? Does one park at the airport itself, and just take the shuttle bus over to the station, or is there parking at the station itself, as with many other Amtrak stations. And if so, is it more or less a short-term park and ride lot for those taking the train to CHI, with a 48-hour limit, or can one leave a car there for a trip lasting say a week? (I'm thinking about connecting in CHI for a trip on the CZ to Glenwood Springs, CO).

You can park at the station itself. Mostly that is airport passengers that park there, but its right next to the station. I do think however you have to pay to park there. I don't its very much though. No need to park at the airport.

Does anyone know about the parking available at the Milwaukee Airport station (MKA)? Does one park at the airport itself, and just take the shuttle bus over to the station, or is there parking at the station itself, as with many other Amtrak stations. And if so, is it more or less a short-term park and ride lot for those taking the train to CHI, with a 48-hour limit, or can one leave a car there for a trip lasting say a week? (I'm thinking about connecting in CHI for a trip on the CZ to Glenwood Springs, CO).
I used the MKA parking last october when I traveled to WAS on the CL . My round trip was 5 days long I was able to park right at the station . There were also shuttles to the airport itself which you could request by pressing a call button . A very nice and efficient facility .

I used the MKA parking last october when I traveled to WAS on the CL . My round trip was 5 days long I was able to park right at the station . There were also shuttles to the airport itself which you could request by pressing a call button . A very nice and efficient facility .
What's the daily rate at the airport? I think downtown Milwaukee is $5/day. . .

What about the logistics of that--do you get a tag of some kind from within the station for the windshield? Cost per day? And is that station staffed throughout the day?

What about the logistics of that--do you get a tag of some kind from within the station for the windshield? Cost per day? And is that station staffed throughout the day?
Parking is $5 per day. The station is unstaffed. You get a machine ticket when you arrive and pay at another machine when you leave with either cash or credit card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back