Parking for Detroit Amtrak (Baltimore Ave)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

celtical

Train Attendant
Hello Again

Would anybody know if it is safe to leave my car for ten days at the Detroit Staion (Baltimore Ave. That is if you can leave your car there.

My other option is to park on the Canadian side and find a way to the staion.

Allan

From what people (Detroit area natives) tell me, it is not safe to leave your car anyplace for 10 hours much less 10 days. Unless you want to buy it back at the "chop shop"

while I can't speak about the Detroit Station in particular, I would feel pretty nervous leaving it in the city for 10 days. I live in Ann Arbor however so any West-Bound trips I make I depart from the A2 station which has a Long Term lot which as far as I know has had no troubles with burglaries in it. For East-Bound trips I leave my car or get driven to Toledo.

peter

Park at Dearborn, unless you want to return to broken windows / no car.

Parking at the Dearborn station is free and there are plenty of spaces. As an added bonus it is right next door to the Dearborn Police station.

Do not park at the Detroit Amtrak station under any circumstances. An email circulated about three years ago that showed photos of nearly every car in the parking lot with a smashed window. Despite the presence of "security" or police at the depot, the lot is not secure and the neighborhood is questionable.

As a somewhat regular visitor of Detroit, I'll agree with the statements made above. The safest place to park in Detroit is probably Windsor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back