Parking in Hinton, WV?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We've been to Hinton, WV a long time ago and are planning to take the Cardinal to Chicago then west in June. I remember there were not a lot of parking spaces and we can't afford to not get one. Does anyone know how crowded they get and, if full, where there might be other nearby free parking for a couple of weeks?

Google MAP LINK to Hinton WV:

Google Maps

You can pan and zoom the map - - -
I don't imagine a great deal of folks boarding at Hinton - - -
Are you staying at a hotel or B & B nearby ?
Check and see if they offer parking on their property while you are away -
or what suggestions they offer ?

The Hinton Station - just to the upper right of the station on the map is what
appears a parking place in front of the CSX office - about a two block walk ?

Google MAP LINK to Hinton WV:

Google Maps

You can pan and zoom the map - - -
I don't imagine a great deal of folks boarding at Hinton - - -
Are you staying at a hotel or B & B nearby ?
Check and see if they offer parking on their property while you are away -
or what suggestions they offer ?

The Hinton Station - just to the upper right of the station on the map is what
appears a parking place in front of the CSX office - about a two block walk ?
Thanks. I've been to Hinton and knowing ahead where parking is that allows one to park for two weeks is the issue. I'll call the city and CofC and see if they can help.

Hinton is a 4 hour drive from my house (5 hours with a leisurely lunch) and the train is at 6PM so there is no need to stay overnight. Similarly, the arriving train is in the AM, allowing us to drive home the same day.

I used to go out of Prince, WV because they had checked bag service (no more :mad: ) and because there is a non-profit arts place in nearby Beckley (Tamarack) that was open until 7PM so we could hang out there until it was close to train time, then drive the 20 minutes to Prince. Tamarack was open on Sunday too which made it nice if we departed then.

I called the city and they say that the station is getting improvements so there is less parking than usual. They said I could park at the city waterpark 2 blocks away if there is no room and that it is well lighted and well patrolled. Nice people.

Back