Partial point refund for bustitution

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J-1 3235

Lead Service Attendant
AU Supporting Member
My AGR trip from NOL to BOS will have a bus ride from ALB to BOS. When Amtrak called with the bad news, the agent suggested I call AGR for a refund of the bus portion of the trip.

I redeemed 30K points for the two zone bedroom; any thoughts on how much I should ask for to cover the six hours and one meal I'll miss not being in a bedroom? FYI, the Amtrak agent said the ALB>BOS trip was worth $148.20.

Thanks!

Mike

When I was bustituted on a trip using points I got a voucher for a dollar amount. But this was because we missed the connection so we didn't know about the bus ride beforehand.

I'd start big though. At the least the difference between a one zone coach and a one zone bedroom award. 20,000 points minus 5,500 points is 14,400 points. Yeah ask for that. :)

When I was bustituted on a trip using points I got a voucher for a dollar amount. But this was because we missed the connection so we didn't know about the bus ride beforehand.
I'd start big though. At the least the difference between a one zone coach and a one zone bedroom award. 20,000 points minus 5,500 points is 14,400 points. Yeah ask for that. :)
On a paid tcket my experience has been that when there is a partial train trip; partial bustitution, they have pro-rated the sleeper refund based upon miles travelled and miles missed. How would you think a point refund would work on a one zone sleeper award; partially traveled befor the bustitution?

Back