Pasco, WA question!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn

Service Attendant
I usually just pass thru Pasco, but I have the need to stop there in February. Are there taxis readily available here? I don't want to walk to the hotel!

Thanks

Be prepared to call for a cab at Pasco. The station is not really in town; sort of on the outskirts.

I was there on a bus transfer from the Coast Starlight (Klamath Falls) to the Empire Builder, Portland section.

Not a bad little station, but not much around. One of the fellow bus transfers wanted a beer, and I told him I had seen a bar about a block away on the busride in. He walked around looking for it (we had time to kill), but returned to report that it was closed.

I broke down and gave him one of mine. Hey, he was thirsty!

Only one pic of Pasco, the last one in this sequence:

Klamath To Pasco

Again, be prepared to call a cab.

I usually just pass thru Pasco, but I have the need to stop there in February. Are there taxis readily available here? I don't want to walk to the hotel!
Thanks
There are dozens of stops along the Coast Starlight and Empire Builder routes which are smaller than the interconnected Tri Cities of Washington (Pasco, Kennewick, Richland) where the 2000 census population was about 193,000. I have never seen cabs waiting in front of the station but they are available for call. Here is one company:

http://www.tri-citytaxi.com/services.nxg

We'll be arriving in Pasco in February too with a group, and one of the guys talked Enterprise Rent-A-Car to come pick us up at the station. lol

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back