Peachtree Station Signage Observation

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anderson

Engineer
So, has Amtrak really not updated half of the signs at Peachtree Station since they took over from Southern? The staircase signs (and the restroom sign) are still in green and yellow...and based on the faded colors on the former I don't think it is a historically aware retro-design.

Attachments

• 20190828_085644.jpg
    20190828_085644.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 42
The signage at the Atlanta station was completely updated in 2000. Remember that it was during the time of the Product lines and many of them were using colors, graphics, etc
of the previous carriers. That is why you see the signs at Atlanta in green and gold.

I actually don't remember that time...I was only thirteen then, and still years away from my first LD trip (that happened in, I believe, 2006).

Remember that it was during the time of the Product lines and many of them were using colors, graphics, etc
of the previous carriers.

Any source for this? I don’t remember this at all.

If anything, a lot of the Olympic signage was green and gold, and I believe the station was expanded and redone before the olympics? But not sure.

The station in Atlanta was rebuilt just before the Olympics. A passenger elevator was added at that time along with a new ticket counter. Previously, the station had only one window facing Peachtree Street. In 2000, there was a large sign package installed that was all Green and Gold.

Back