Pere Marquette Business Class

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This November we will be travelling from Holland MI to Chicago, then to NOLA on the CONO in bedoom E. We have always

left from Grand Rapids for our previous trips. My question is: Does anyone know where specifically the Business Class seats

are located on the Pere Marquette? I am concerned about where to stand and what door of the train to look for when we are

boarding in Holland. This will be our 3rd long distance trip on Amtrak. The previous 2 were in Roomettes. We have been on the

Southwest Chief and did a previous trip to NOLA, totally falling in love with the city. Thanks for the help.

the Pere is already Superliner...so is there a biz class? Coach seats/legroom are huge on Superliners. What are the biz class seats like?

there is Business class. It is the same as the rest of the seats and is located in the cafe car, upper level with a curtain separating Bus Class from Coach. It will either be the first or last car. Typically you would board first/separately and the conductors will tell you where. Seating is NO different, just a separate 1/2 of the car.

Benefits of Bus Class are priority boarding (Chicago Union Station), free non-alcoholic beverage, a paper. On the Superliner there really isn't so much benefit, except to me, I work on the train, so it's generally quieter with other people working, and leaving Chicago it's nice to board first.

Back