PHL-POU and back

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mflsjhs

Service Attendant
planning a trip to POU for weekend to visit family i have 7900 AGR points was wandering if anyone had an idea of how many points it would take to go form PHL to POU and back thanks

Why not save AGR points for a longer trip?? I have about 17,000 I'm planning on saving for a really long trip. Coast to Coast maybe. Last year I earned about 3500 and the year before about 2500 those are just rail points. I've earned points with the online shopping. That's about 500 at the most. I don't have the AGR MC I'm only 20. I have a CC but my mom let's me use it for emergency's only cause well it's her number with my name on it. The bottom line is I pay for my trips. The most I've paid for my trips is a trip in BC which was about $125. I used to use AGR points from my Dad's account which is now dry. So my account is being saved up!! :)

If you don't expect to use the points for anything else, then 6000 points and a call to AGR will get you that roundtrip. A lot more starting April, a little less if you have the AGR credit card.

If you're traveling peak hours on Friday and Sunday, you may actually get decent redemption value since the fare could be in the $90 range. Check the prices; you can redeem one way and buy the other. And for this route there are tons of cost-saving options involving commuter trains depending on how much you're willing to inconvenience yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also would wait until you have a longer trip planned to use the!
excl.gif
A sleeper award is the SAME cost (in points) for 1 or 2 people on the reservation and includes

1. The room
  2. Rail Fare for BOTH
  3. 3 meals a day (in the Dining Car) for BOTH

And to answer your original question, it is 3,000 points (now, or 4,000 points if booked after April) each way per person from PHL to POU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back