Photos sought for Zephyr e-book

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Henry Kisor

Service Attendant
I'm looking for photographs (donated, I'm afraid; I have no dough to spare) of specific scenes along the route of the Zephyr for the upcoming e-book edition of my 1994 book ZEPHYR: TRACKING A DREAM ACROSS AMERICA and hope some of the users of this forum can help. Full credit will be given.

Right now I'm looking for photos of Nevada that were taken from the train: Skull Valley, Donner Reed Trail Monument, Humboldt River, Lovelock, Sparks, Reno and especially the Mustang Ranch (G or PG only, please).

If you can help, please email me at h.kisor at comcast.net

Thanks to all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking for photographs (donated, I'm afraid; I have no dough to spare) of specific scenes along the route of the Zephyr for the upcoming e-book edition of my 1994 book ZEPHYR: TRACKING A DREAM ACROSS AMERICA and hope some of the users of this forum can help. Full credit will be given.

Right now I'm looking for photos of Nevada that were taken from the train: Skull Valley, Donner Reed Trail Monument, Humboldt River, Lovelock, Sparks, Reno and especially the Mustang Ranch (G or PG only, please).

If you can help, please email me at h.kisor at comcast.net

Thanks to all.
I'll be on the CZ this coming weekend, but I'm only go as far as PRO (westward). If you need any photos from Chi to Provo, I can try to take them. This is my first trip on the CZ (first LD trip since '67, in fact), so not sure I'll even know "where I am" along the way (though I have GPS/Maps that I'm going to try to use).

Last edited by a moderator:
Though you're probably "full up" on photos for the section, I've got a lot of stuff from somewhere between SLC and Grand Junction on the one side and Denver on the other. I have a few shots of the train at Grand Junction as well, all from summer.

That said, I've sadly never been west of SLC on the Zephyr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back