Picking Up Tickets for Our First Amtrak Trip :-D

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

duke_gal_05

Train Attendant
Hello Everyone, We are leaving out of FAY on Monday night/Tuesday morning :D for our first Amtrak trip. 12:45 am to be exact :eek: ... FAY is a manned station but I am concerned about arriving at 11:30 pm to find out there are issues. I have been told by other experienced riders not to worry about picking tickets up early in fear of lost or misplaced tickets before traveling. BUT I am more concerned about ticketing issues....i.e. roomette not booked as stated, wrong train, etc...AM I just being a worry wart? :unsure: I don't mind the extra drive up... would like to go tomorrow and get a little last minute shopping done at the mall :D I am not concerned about losing the tickets over the weekend or them being stolen UNLESS the Lab, Boxer, Shepard and Jack Russell get them to go JOY RIDING on AMTRAK :giggle: and 2 of them will be left out since we only have 2 tickets :lol: . What are the forum peoples thoughts on this? :help: Thank you all in advance for your continued support and advice. PS I may need help posting pictures of our trip :)

Hello Everyone, We are leaving out of FAY on Monday night/Tuesday morning :D for our first Amtrak trip. 12:45 am to be exact :eek: ... FAY is a manned station but I am concerned about arriving at 11:30 pm to find out there are issues. I have been told by other experienced riders not to worry about picking tickets up early in fear of lost or misplaced tickets before traveling. BUT I am more concerned about ticketing issues....i.e. roomette not booked as stated, wrong train, etc...AM I just being a worry wart? :unsure: I don't mind the extra drive up... would like to go tomorrow and get a little last minute shopping done at the mall :D I am not concerned about losing the tickets over the weekend or them being stolen UNLESS the Lab, Boxer, Shepard and Jack Russell get them to go JOY RIDING on AMTRAK :giggle: and 2 of them will be left out since we only have 2 tickets :lol: . What are the forum peoples thoughts on this? :help: Thank you all in advance for your continued support and advice. PS I may need help posting pictures of our trip :)

IMO you're being a Worry Wart! I wouldn't make the drive, but if it will save you sleep????

Have Fun

I am a worry wart. I ususally pick up my tickets the day before my trips. However, my station is 10 minutes away (with traffic). :lol:

I usually pick up my tickets in the Acela Lounge about one hour before my train

is scheduled to depart. Haven't had a problem yet!!

However, I may pick up my tickets for Seattle one day in advance since I will be

on the same train as another AU member who has been known to make Wrong Turns!!

She is up very early this morning!!

Did you receive a confirmation email when you made your reservation? That email will show the details of your trip. If everything in that email is to your liking, then you'll be fine.

But last-minute shopping in town sounds like an excellent excuse to pick up your tickets a couple of days early. ;)

However, I may pick up my tickets for Seattle one day in advance since I will be

on the same train as another AU member who has been known to make Wrong Turns!!

She is up very early this morning!!
When she gets to LAX, make sure she boards the NORTHbound train, not the SOUTHbound train!
mosking.gif
I'll be there to make sure she gets on the right train too!

And I hope she doesn't go to Phillipe's. Even through it's only a 2 block (almost straight) walk, she could get lost "in the big city"!
laugh.gif
She walked out off the CA in WAS with Jim and I last month (just to be sure we left town
tongue.gif
) - I'm surprised she found her way back to the CA. (I did notice a line of bread crumbs left from the door!
c0602.gif
)

If the confirmation email looked good then the tickets will also be good. BUT if you are nervous, then take a nice drive, go shopping and pickup your tickets in advance. If you are worried then doing something to ease your mind is a very good thing to do :giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back