Picking up tickets

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CNW

Service Attendant
This may be a "dumb" question to some and maybe I should ask USARAIL. Suppose you have made several different reservations for several different trips.

You choose to pick your paper tickets up at the ticket counter before you depart. Can you pick them up separately -each one at the time of travel. I have a trip to NOL in March and one to NYP in May and want to to pick up the paper tickets for my March trip at time of departure but leave the May trip in the "hopper" so to speak. I'm assuming this is an option.

Since the price of tickets on Amtrak for a round trip is the same as 2 owe way trips (except I think on the Auto Train), I always book one reservation for the outbound portion - and a separate reservation for the return portion!
biggrin.gif

This way, if you're going from say NYP to LAX, you can pick up only the NYP to LAX tickets in NYP when you depart. When you return, you can pick up the LAX to NYP tickets in LAX!
cool.gif
If they were on one reservation, you would get ALL tickets in NYP when you depart!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back