Please help me with my booking - new AGR

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be taking the Pere Marquette to CHI and then heading to DAL in a roomette.

If I book both legs with points, the PM coach points fare are the same as biz class.

Do I automatically get booked in biz class if I'm booking a roomette?

Should I just book the legs separately? Do I lose my guaranteed connection?

I want to book biz class on the PM so the points aren't a problem, I just want biz class if I'm paying for it, points or not.

Am I making any sense? I'm confusing myself.

I'll bet Joe knows :)

TIA everyone

I don't know about now with 2.0, but under 1.0 if you had a sleeper at any point on the trip, if the train did not offer sleeper service you were booked in BC. If you do not want BC, just book each separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
Book both legs on the same reservation. You can change the BC to reserved coach...there's a little toggle icon to do that in the far right column, same column that your roomette appears. When you make that switch from BC to res coach the # or points will go down to reflect that choice. It really is so easy. :)

Book both legs on the same reservation. You can change the BC to reserved coach...there's a little toggle icon to do that in the far right column, same column that your roomette appears. When you make that switch from BC to res coach the # or points will go down to reflect that choice. It really is so easy. :)
I saw the same thing - for the Wolverine, but the Pere Marquette shows three radio buttons. One Upper level and two lower level. Is BS on the lower level because the 2nd lower level was more that then 1st one.

AB, I saw those buttons too, made no sense especially since BC is on the upper level and the reduced price was for the upper level.

Had the buttons been labeled properly, it would have been very easy but they weren't and they aren't.

There was only 1 roomette left at the lower price on one leg so I just went ahead and booked the the legs separately - BC round trip and Roomette round trip.

I'm not really worried about missing my connection so I feel good about the booking.

Thanks for all of the responses.

Back