Points for Shopping - Best Buy

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bradley Bitzer

Train Attendant
Mama has her birthday coming up, and in a slightly self serving birthday gift idea, I talked my dad into going halves on a new Tivo to replace our current one. I was gonna run down to Best Buy to get it, but then thought about using points for shopping. If I order though the Best Buy link, but order it to be picked up in store, would I still get the points? If so, has anyone tried this?

I just like to maximize my points earned, so I figured if I buy Best Buy gift cards (which will get me 40 cents off gas,) with my Disney Visa (1% back for vacation) and then use AGR to get 100 points, I will be pretty solid.

Mama has her birthday coming up, and in a slightly self serving birthday gift idea, I talked my dad into going halves on a new Tivo to replace our current one. I was gonna run down to Best Buy to get it, but then thought about using points for shopping. If I order though the Best Buy link, but order it to be picked up in store, would I still get the points? If so, has anyone tried this?

I just like to maximize my points earned, so I figured if I buy Best Buy gift cards (which will get me 40 cents off gas,) with my Disney Visa (1% back for vacation) and then use AGR to get 100 points, I will be pretty solid.
As long as you go to the Best Buy portal from the AGR link, you should be fine. I doubt there is any fine print that reads otherwise, but wouldn't hurt to check.I can't see WHY AGR would care if it was delivered, or picked up...............

Thanks! That's what I thought, I just am still kinda new to this whole thing. It seems like a slow process, but I hope to have enough to do a round trip on the Silver Star in a roomette.

If you purchase through the AGR link at Best Buy may I assume correctly that you won't get Best Buy Rewards Zone points?

Last summer, I bought a flat screen Visio. I called Walmart & was told I could not buy online to get points & pick it up at my local store. So I had it delivered. Apparently, online corporate & local stores are seperate inventory entities!!!

I do this all the time!
cool.gif
As long as you go thru the AGR Points for Shopping, you do get points for in-store pick up from Best Buy! Others that allow in-store pickups include office Depot, Sears and Nordstrom. (There may be others too,)

Remember to order thru the AGR portal first! (If you enter thru say Best Buy.com, you will not earn AGR points!
sad.gif
)

Back