Portland station & luggage

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

D.P. Roberts

Conductor
I'm hoping to leave my luggage at the Portland station for a few hours. Does the station have luggage lockers, or an attendant in the Metro lounge who can hold bags for a while? Basically, I'll have a few hours to explore Portland & return my rental car, & I'd like to be able to do that without hauling my luggage around. Do I have any safe options for storing my stuff?

I did not use the Metro Lounge but left my bags in the checked bags room between trains while I explored downtown Portland, and picked them up on the way out. It was cheap, two bucks a bag, and the nice attendant only charged me two bucks total for both my small bags, so I tipped her a couple of bucks.

The Portland station is very nice and the ticket agents at the Amtrak window were ultra helpful and fun when I was there. So don't hesitate to ask them any questions.

You can walk all over downtown from the station no problem. If you want to read about what I did while I was there I posted a trip report in early March in the trip reports and travelogues section. I forget what I titled it but it was like Cascades and Empire Builder, Bellingham to Spokane via Portland and back.

I did not use the Metro Lounge but left my bags in the checked bags room between trains while I explored downtown Portland, and picked them up on the way out. It was cheap, two bucks a bag, and the nice attendant only charged me two bucks total for both my small bags, so I tipped her a couple of bucks.
The Portland station is very nice and the ticket agents at the Amtrak window were ultra helpful and fun when I was there. So don't hesitate to ask them any questions.

You can walk all over downtown from the station no problem. If you want to read about what I did while I was there I posted a trip report in early March in the trip reports and travelogues section. I forget what I titled it but it was like Cascades and Empire Builder, Bellingham to Spokane via Portland and back.

Good information to know. I'm taking my Spokane-Seattle-Eugene-Portland-Spokane trip next month and will have about five hours between trains in Portland. This gives me more info to work with.

There are also downtown tour maps with popular destinations highlighted right there in the station. Grab one of those to assist with finding your way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back