Preference Questions

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anderson

Engineer
I suspect that there will be more of these coming (and yes, I am well aware of the irony involved in me asking about this on AU...I'm probably going to have to join OTOL sooner or later), but for the moment:

1) Can I request shipping to US addresses? In general, I'd like to be able to use this for purchases I can't get AGR points on (since the merchant "universe" doesn't even come close to overlapping...in particular, VIA has better coverage on hotels and the like, not to mention potentially including Walmart).

2) A bit more of an oddity...I have a Holiday Inn Priority Club membership. Can I use the VIA link, get points for that, and also get points for my HI spending on that side of things as well? Don't laugh...this is probably worth a free one-way for me most years. And yes, this would result in an almost silly combination:

-Preference points for the VIA Preference link-in

-PC points for using my Priority Club number

-AGR points for using my AGR card

Witches' brew, anyone?

Edit:

And of course, now I'm getting "spill-over" questions on Preference as a whole. Namely, this:

If I book a reservation for someone else, do they still get points for the "spend" if I'm the one paying?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back