Problems with today's westbound LSL

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BuzzKillington

Service Attendant
I stood outside freezing my rear end off to try to get video of the new diner car on the LSL. I checked online and called Julie but there was no update. Now that I got back, I see that it is departing NYP 1 hour and 43 minutes late. Anyone know what happened?

Knowing Sunnyside, they probably let the train freeze in today's cold weather and had to thaw it out.

I stood outside freezing my rear end off to try to get video of the new diner car on the LSL.
Interminable waits under miserable conditions are par for the course when it comes to railfanning. Why, just the other day I endured untold seconds of tedium at a desolate outpost near SIM, perched precariously and uncomfortably on a sewer manhole cover in a trackside ditch as the temperature dropped rapidly (to about 75). To make matters worse, I could clearly hear some hormone-addled clown in the adjacent park noisily verbally making out with whoever or whatever was on the other end of a cell phone connection. Oh, the trials and tribulations just to capture a measly 30-second clip:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back