PVD Amtrak to PVD Airport

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

boxcarsyix

Service Attendant
Thinking of a trip SAC to PVD. I would take Amtrak outbound and fly for the return trip. I would need to get to the airport to pick up my rental car. I will arrive on 66 at 6:48 AM. Does anyone know the best way to get to the airport. Google says it is 9 miles so a cab might be a possibility.

If it's on time (which it's usually in to PVD early), the Boston commuter rail runs from the Providence train station at 7am, arriving at the airport at 7:16. Other than that, a cab or Uber would be best if you miss it.

Just as a data point, since Thursday, 66 has arrived at 6:40 or earlier.

Another possibility is RIPTA (the city bus). The train station is right downtown with a stop just out the door, and some routes serve TF Green airport.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I discovered that Enterprise is less money if I pick it up downtown and return to the airport than if I were to pick up and return at the Airport. They don't open till 8:00 so I will have to eat breakfast. Anybody have any suggestions where? :giggle:

Last edited by a moderator:
The commuter rail station at the airport is right at the rental car location. Taking the MBTA would seem to be the easiest way to get there.

The cab stand at pvd Amtrak always has cabs. It is on the statehouse side right now due to construction. There is also uber in pvd. Of course Mbta commuter rail leaves from the pvd Amtrak station and goes to the airport. It's one stop. Check www.mbta.com for schedules.

Alternatively you can use the downtown car rental. If you are looking for breakfast, cafe la France in the train station has ok coffee and breakfast sandwiches.

If you want table service breakfast I might suggest the restaurant at the Renaissance hotel (an old Masonic temple) or the providence Biltmore. Both are an easy walk (just a few blocks) from the train station.

Enjoy your time in the creative capital and let me know if you need more suggestions.

I would not take the ripta bus. It's a pita.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back