Question about Business Class on Maple Leaf trains (NFS-NYP)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tjemartin

Train Attendant
Hello,

I've been travelling on Amtrak on a regular basis for the last couple of years now mostly going from NFS to WIL and visa versa. I just came back from an Amtrak trip to WIL last week. I am planning another trip for around Christmas time and just wanted to know for anyone who has traveled on the Maple Leaf route, does the Maple Leaf trains even have a business class car?

I have never seen a business class car on that route before, even though I've been the option to purchase a business class ticket for the ML on amtrak's website (although I haven't paid much attention either when on the train).

Reason why I ask although I love riding Amtrak, I find that their coach seats on the Maple Leaf can be a little uncomfortable sometimes (even more so than the Northeast Regional trains), not sure if anyone else has experienced this as well. I've heard that the business class seats are a little more comfortable.

I would like to try riding the ML's business class for my next trip, but just wanted to ask about it before purchasing my ticket.

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, you should try out the ML's Business Class. There is no BC car because it's part of the cafe car. But they have 1-2 seating that's very comfortable and drinks are close, too. If it's not too expensive, which it usually isn't, then go for it.

On that route and for that distance, and especially with the ex-Metroliner Club Car being used on that train, I would certainly consider BC!
biggrin.gif

I went BC on the Maple Leaf from NYP to Toronto last December, and thought it was worth the extra money I spent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back