Question about Crescent

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cassie225

Lead Service Attendant
AU Supporting Member
Ok I'm looking at Amtrak Status and Amtrak Track a Train and at first it said Crescent 20 was going to be 3 hours late leaving NO. Now there is nothing showing status or anything. My question is what happened? Also what about all those people scheduled to take that train,what will they do? I see on Track a Train the 19 says on time and another 20 says on time. I'm confused,because there is another 20 just parked in NO. Will all of this lateness roll over to next week when I leave? I have been an hour or so late when riding the Crescent ,but that is the longest. Can one of you train experts explain this to me. Thanks Y'all :mellow:

There are 2 19's and 2 20's on any given day.

The on time 19 left NYP yesterday (whereas, I believe the late one had left NYP the day before).

The on time 20 left NOL yesterday. I have no clue as to why today's 20 is late leaving NOL.

20 is estimated to leave NOL 4-1/2 hours late at 11:30 because the train set , yesterday's 19, was over 9 hours late, arriving this morning around 4:30 instead of 7 last night. It takes a fixed amount of time to make a train set ready for the return trip, and the crew is allowed a fixed amount of rest between trips. Unfortunately, 19's late departure from NYP on Tuesday has caused a ripple effect that will take quite a few days to recover.

Last edited by a moderator:
20 just departed NOL at 11:34. Now let's hope it can maintain its normal travel times offset by 4-1/2 hours, and not be bumped by freights all the way to WAS because it's out of its scheduled time slot.

Because the 19 is coming into NO at only 21 minutes late does that mean that the Crescent 20 might get out on time tomorrow. The 20 going north is still almost 5 hours late. By the way,what's a train set?

Because the 19 is coming into NO at only 21 minutes late does that mean that the Crescent 20 might get out on time tomorrow. The 20 going north is still almost 5 hours late. By the way,what's a train set?
A train set is all the cars (and engine) that make up the train.

The passenger cars need to be cleaned. The sleepers need to be stocked. The diner & cafe car need to be stocked. The water tanks need to be filled. The holding tanks (waste water) need to be drained/cleaned. Etc, etc.

Well, if 20 can avoid losing any more time, it should be able to get out on-time Saturday (today's 20 from NOL, arrives NYP tomorrow [Friday] and has almost 20 hours to turn for Saturday's 19).

oh my. Glad they do this.
You know how they "flip" hotel rooms between guests?
Picture that, only they have to flip the entire hotel, including the restaurant and pool. :)
Sounds like you're talking about TPS (with the restaurant and pool) :D but it's a restaurant for 1 and I don't flip it! (It stays on the rails!) :giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back