Question about electrical outlet in Superliner Bedroom

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

amtkstn

OBS Chief
there is just one. I always bring a higher end power strip. along to plug in all the devices to use in the train.

MARC Rider

Conductor
Where is the electrical outlet in the Superliner Bedroom (not Roomette)? Is there only one outlet?
As far as I could tell, there's only one outlet, and it's by the sink. It was sort of a pain to rig up mu phone for charging. About the only downside (other than the price) to the bedroom, in my opinion.

pennyk

Conductor
Staff member
Administator
Gathering Team Member
I have been in bedrooms where there are usually 2 outlets. One is next to the sink and the other is either on the hall side of the couch or the window side of the couch.

FrensicPic

Conductor
I usually find two outlets...one over the sink by the mirror and the other at one end of the couch - could be either end.

the_traveler

Conductor
I’ve only noticed 1 in a Superliner bedroom (by the sink). I never knew there was a 2nd plug by the couch!

NS VIA Fan

Conductor
Superliners were designed back in the day when I might have needed one outlet for a razor. A few years later I needed outlets for still and video cameras, phone, laptop, scanner, GPS, Walkman......but I've come full circle back to needing only one outlet again for my phone as everything I used to carry is now on that one device (razor excluded!)

the_traveler

Conductor
I was always surprised that bedrooms only had 1 outlet/plug, while roomettes had 2 outlets/plugs!

the_traveler

Conductor
At least on Viewliner. 1 is next to the sink/above the toilet. The other is behind your head/on the wall.

juanee

Train Attendant
I see... I was thinking Superliner Roomette, which only has 1 outlet .

You got me excited thinking there is a secret additional 2nd outlet in a Superliner Roomette that I didn’t know of.

pennyk

Conductor
Staff member
Administator
Gathering Team Member
At least on Viewliner. 1 is next to the sink/above the toilet. The other is behind your head/on the wall.
Last time I was in a Viewliner roomette (in February), there was only one outlet (near the sink). I do not recall remembering 2 outlets. Pre-COVID, I would travel on the Silver Meteor in a roomette at least every other month.

Bob Dylan

Conductor
Last time I was in a Viewliner roomette (in February), there was only one outlet (near the sink). I do not recall remembering 2 outlets. Pre-COVID, I would travel on the Silver Meteor in a roomette at least every other month.
Ditto!

RichieRich

Lead Service Attendant
Trust me there's TWO outlets in the AutoTrain Superliner Bedrooms. I was on 10 (ten) A/T r/t's last year. One is next to the sink and one is on the wall behind the couch/bed. Could be the inside (left) or outside (right) depending on which room you have.

Attachments

Nick Farr

Train Attendant
Superliner I or Superliner II Bedrooms. IIRC, they refurbished some of the Superliner I bedrooms (upper level, the non-roomette half of the car) and I can confirm outlet placement.

I'm happy to confirm this on Wednesday when I'll be on the 5.

FrensicPic

Conductor
Trust me there's TWO outlets in the AutoTrain Superliner Bedrooms. I was on 10 (ten) A/T r/t's last year. One is next to the sink and one is on the wall behind the couch/bed. Could be the inside (left) or outside (right) depending on which room you have.
Correct! And Superliners on other LD trains as well.

joelkfla

Service Attendant
2018 tour of bedroom on Texas Eagle shows 3 outlets: a double on the hallway side of the sink, and a single on the window end of the couch.

... and another from 2019 with the 3rd outlet on the hallway end of the couch.

The rooms look very different from each other. I don't whether one's a Superliner I and the other a II, or they're before & after refurbishment, or whatever. But both have a double outlet next to the sink, and a single at one end of the couch.

gwolfdog

Train Attendant
We found 2 on the Auto Train with help of Attendant. I Swear! Now I have to search for another Outlet to Plug in Current rage about Wearing Masks. 😁