Question about Southwest Chief consist

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's some passengers cars pulled be 1 or 2 locomotives!
laugh.gif

try and title your thread based on the question.

Usually 2 Locomotives

A baggage car

a crew dorm

2 sleeping cars

Dining Car

Sight Seer Lounge

3 or 4 coaches

It's some passengers cars pulled be 1 or 2 locomotives!
laugh.gif
Yeah, and there might be a car where they throw a bunch of bags in, and a car or two where they sell some food. Oh, and don't forget the caboose at the end. That's about it.

Do I get extra credit since you just said "read this" and not "answer this"?

Possibly one of the most boring and generic consists in the Amtrak fleet. I have never seen the Chief with more than 3 coaches. Maybe Thanksgiving? And it's the exact same consist LAX-CHI. BORING!!!

(I assume they sell rooms in the Transdorm since I also have never seen it with more than two regular sleepers.)

Rob

Possibly one of the most boring and generic consists in the Amtrak fleet. I have never seen the Chief with more than 3 coaches. Maybe Thanksgiving? And it's the exact same consist LAX-CHI. BORING!!!

(I assume they sell rooms in the Transdorm since I also have never seen it with more than two regular sleepers.)

Rob
Ever been on the Texas Eagle? Talk about same old consist and a CCC, not even a real diner plus no baggage car! They do sell rooms in the transdorm, we rode in August and our car (the transdorm) was the only sleeper that didnt have toliet failure at altitude!The SCA told us that lots of the transdorms were being rehabbed and had new toliet and A/C systems,

I thought the trip was fine and on this same trip we rode the TE/CZ/CS and Surfliners (with the Big Dome in the consist!) To each his own but most of us think the Chief, with the exception of the rough tracks in Kansas, is great! ;)

Oh, don't get me wrong, I loved the SWC! Heck it was one of the very first Amtrak trains I ever rode. But if there is a "standard" Amtrak Superliner consist, it's the Chief. No car swaps anywhere on the route, and no unusual cars like the PPC's or lack of this or that. That's all I was saying.

Rob

Oh, don't get me wrong, I loved the SWC! Heck it was one of the very first Amtrak trains I ever rode. But if there is a "standard" Amtrak Superliner consist, it's the Chief. No car swaps anywhere on the route, and no unusual cars like the PPC's or lack of this or that. That's all I was saying.

Rob

Wish they would add another sleeper on the SWC I am on it from Chicago to LAX and need a bedroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back