Question about the 10,000 point Wyndham Reward stay

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$100 a night? You must have stayed at the nice places! None of the three stays credited to my wife's account cost more than $60 a night, and they really weren't creepy. Honest. Clean bathrooms, interior corridors, doors that locked. One even had waffles for breakfast.

But I have to agree that this was a great promotion! We would have booked probably 4 of the 6 stays anyway, but this promo did encourage us to try chains other than Super 8, so perhaps Wyndham Rewards benefited as well.

$100 a night? You must have stayed at the nice places! None of the three stays credited to my wife's account cost more than $60 a night, and they really weren't creepy. Honest. Clean bathrooms, interior corridors, doors that locked. One even had waffles for breakfast.
But I have to agree that this was a great promotion! We would have booked probably 4 of the 6 stays anyway, but this promo did encourage us to try chains other than Super 8, so perhaps Wyndham Rewards benefited as well.
That was after some rediculous taxes. Actually, I think the total for the three was around $265. It was a Microtel, Days Inn, and Travelodge (a real dump).

Actually, I just looked it up... It was $205 total (two at $75) and one at $55. My memory isn't what it used to be.

I'm just tickled pink about the bonus points. I think if I broke it down, it was a great promotion for me:

Wyndham Rewards Bonus 10,000

Summer Promo Partner Purchase 100

Wyndham Rewards 500

Summer Promo Partner Purchase 200

Wyndham Rewards 158

Wyndham Rewards 158

Did the Wyndham stays qualify for "Summer Promo Partner Purchase"? I think they correspond with the Wyndham promotion, but I'm not sure.

If so, I think I spent about $265 for 11,116 (or 10,816) points and three nights in fairly decent hotels. Two of the nights were for an out-of-state wedding. The third was for a random summer fling at a Hawthorn to qualify for the promotion (and nab the 500 extra points).

Cost-wise, it's slightly better than the Buy Points option ($275 for 10k points), but I did get three hotel stays (and breakfasts) out of it.

------------------

On the other hand - The bonus gets me closer to a one-zone roomette award that I've been eying as a gift for two. That's 15,000 points and the value of the trip (for two) is about $458. Two-thirds of $458 is about $305. So I don't think I'm totally getting away like gangbusters, but it was a nice incentive.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 10,000 AGR points showed up in Mrs. Ispolkom's Wyndham Rewards account on 10/9. They should be in her AGR account tomorrow, since transfers seem to usually happen on Wednesdays. There's nothing in my account yet.
Same for me. The 10K is in my Wyndham account.

Woo Hoo!
I just checked both my AGR and Wyndham Rewards accounts and did not see the 10,000 points posted in either.

I had six Wyndham stays from June through September. Day's Inn - 2; Howard Johnson - 1; Wyndham Inn - 1; Hawthorne Inn - 1;

and Super 8 - 1. All stays are shown on my Wyndham Rewards accounts and the individual stays shown on my AGR account, but no

10,000!! Shoud I call to inquire or wait a few more days to see if the 10,000 posts? Do the points post first to my Wyndham account

and then transfer to AGR or do they post directly to AGR?

I just checked both my AGR and Wyndham Rewards accounts and did not see the 10,000 points posted in either.I had six Wyndham stays from June through September. Day's Inn - 2; Howard Johnson - 1; Wyndham Inn - 1; Hawthorne Inn - 1;

and Super 8 - 1. All stays are shown on my Wyndham Rewards accounts and the individual stays shown on my AGR account, but no

10,000!! Shoud I call to inquire or wait a few more days to see if the 10,000 posts? Do the points post first to my Wyndham account

and then transfer to AGR or do they post directly to AGR?
I'd wait. It wouldn't surprise me if awarding the 10k points was a manual process, done in batches. In any case my wife's account (3 stays in early July) has been credited, while my account (stays in July, August and September) hasn't. I called Wyndham Rewards, and the clerk confirmed I was registered for the promo, and reminded me that I had to wait 4-6 weeks for the points to post.

The awards so far have followed this pattern: on 10/9 a notation of the award appeared in the recipient's Wyndham Rewards account. On the following Wednesday the points were transfered to AGR. Wyndham Rewards always transfers points on Wednesday.

Perhaps we'll see more awards tomorrow.

I think the maximum monetary value of the 10,000 points for me is about $840. That would be if I were to take 5 round trips from Chico to San Diego aboard Amtrak California trains (using the corridor rewards).

I have not received my 10,000 points yet. Have others had them posted to their AGR account. If so, I will call to ascertain when my will

post. If most of you have not received your points, I'll wait for a couple of weeks.

Thanks.

I called Wyndham Rewards again yesterday, as I too haven't received my 10k AGR points yet. The very polite WR clerk confirmed that I had the required three stays, and explained that if I haven't received the AGR points by November 10 I should call back and they will process it manually. So, I'll patiently wait until next Thursday and call back.

Who knows? Maybe the points will be in my Wyndham Rewards account tomorrow, and in AGR by Veteran's Day.

I called Wyndham Rewards again yesterday, as I too haven't received my 10k AGR points yet. The very polite WR clerk confirmed that I had the required three stays, and explained that if I haven't received the AGR points by November 10 I should call back and they will process it manually. So, I'll patiently wait until next Thursday and call back.
Who knows? Maybe the points will be in my Wyndham Rewards account tomorrow, and in AGR by Veteran's Day.
I called them a few days ago and also told about 11.10 is the planned posting date.

Doing a lot of travel at the time of the promotion and have 40,000 coming.

That will cover the 30,000 I used up in October for bedrooms NOL-WAS-CHI-SAC-PDX, and part of my

20,000 used for bedrooms on my DEN-SAC-PDX-MSP trip coming up in a week.

I called today and was told my points would post tonight and available within 24 hours.

I'll check again tomorrow.

I called today and was told my points would post tonight and available within 24 hours.I'll check again tomorrow.
I called today and confirmed that everything is in order. Was told to wait another 1-2 weeks and then call back. The agent claimed rewards are posted by first-in first-out order and my third qualifying stay was on September 8 so they haven't got to me yet. No offer to apply the points manually.

I don't know if I buy all that but I'm sure I'll get my 10,000 points eventually.

I didn't get my 10,000 points as I was advised on Nov 10th. The points were to have posted on the evening of Nov 10th.

I'll call again tomorrow if they are not posted tonight. Not a very favorable image of Wyndham when they do not carry through

on their commitments!!

I called back Wyndham Rewards this morning because my 10k AGR points still haven't posted to my account. This time I spoke to Kelly, who like all Wyndham Rewards clerks, was very pleasant to talk to.

Here's what I learned. As we have already guessed, WR was not expecting this promotion to be quite so popular, and has had a terrible time fulfilling it. I was given the impression that many awards are actually done manually, with clerks checking to make sure that there were three stays at three different chains. My wife's award went through quickly because she had three stays in as many nights. Me, I had three stays in as many months.

Here's a hint on how backed-up things are: the automated greeting on the phone line says that on-line accounts are updated as of September 30, 2009, six weeks ago.

Be that as it may, the clerks now have instructions on what to do in an e-mail sent yesterday. They are supposed to gather the information on stays and pass that on to a supervisor, who will review it and issue the points, within 72 hours. We'll see.

I'm sorry that I have to follow up so much on this, but the reward-to-effort quotient still seems pretty high on this offer. I doubt, though, that we'll see it again.

Tsk, they never learn. :rolleyes: It's very common for companies to not realize they're giving away a bonus that's worth more than the purchases. Although I missed out on this promo, I just booked a deluxe sleeper one zone for 20K points. It would have cost $1000 in cash, so 10K points would be worth $500 in that case.

Tsk, they never learn. :rolleyes: It's very common for companies to not realize they're giving away a bonus that's worth more than the purchases. Although I missed out on this promo, I just booked a deluxe sleeper one zone for 20K points. It would have cost $1000 in cash, so 10K points would be worth $500 in that case.
Even if you assume that AGR points cost Wyndham only half a cent each, that's still $50 for 10,000 points. Given that the 3 stays cost $150-200, I can't see how the math works out for Wyndham.

Wyndham is looking for the promo to acquaint people to their hotels with a long term payoff in mind.

I for one would not have stayed in one of their hotels had it not been for the promo.

As a result, I now look for Wyndham hotels when I travel where before I would not have looked.

I stayed in 6 Wyndham hotels this year.

...They are supposed to gather the information on stays and pass that on to a supervisor, who will review it and issue the points, within 72 hours...
Gather the information?

They should have your information on our stays.

Several times I called as I collected what now is 40,000 points to make sure we were on the same page. They rapped

off my stays from their system.

...They are supposed to gather the information on stays and pass that on to a supervisor, who will review it and issue the points, within 72 hours...
Gather the information?

Several times I called as I collected what now is 40,000 points to make sure we were on the same page. They rapped

What do you mean that "they rapped off my stays?"

How did you get 40,000 points?

Gather the information?

Hey, don't shoot the messenger. I'm just repeating what the lady read to me off her e-mail. I carry no brief for Wyndham Rewards, and take no responsibility for any shortcomings of their program.

My supposition is that this was supposed to be done automatically, and in some cases was. My further supposition is that not much testing was done on the programming for awards, and lots of us fell through the cracks.

What should be done, then, is a manual search of the records of the all of us who signed up for this promotion. Those who did not get awarded their points should then get them.

I doubt that will happen, but then again I'm a bitter and cynical man who takes things as they are.

In any case, what I am focusing on is getting *my* 10,000 points, and right now I'll use the 2 maxims that generally serve me well in fixing problems: the squeeky wheel gets the grease, and you attract more flies with honey than with vinegar. YMMV, of course, and congratulations on earning 40k points from this promotion.

I called Wyndham again today. The customer service rep told me that I should receive 20,000 points since I had 6 hotel stays.

She said she would email her manager to review my account and I should get my points within one week.

I'm not holding my breath, but hopefully I got a straight story this time.

Does anybody have a copy of Terms and Conditions for this promotion?

I remember it said "book before Sept.10th and stay before Oct.10th".

I had the last stay on Sept.11th and now they say that I don't qualify because the promotion was

check-in before Sept.10th, not book before Sept.10th.

They agreed to give me 3200 points instead of 10000 though, but I feel they are lying...

Gather the information?
What do you mean that "they rapped off my stays?"

How did you get 40,000 points?
During the promotion I would call in and tell them I've stayed X times and just checking to ensure their computers were up to date so we didn't have to get into a search for a missing stay at the end.

How did I get 40,000? Stayed at 12 hotels while doing a lot of travelling during the promotion.

Back