Question about the 10,000 point Wyndham Reward stay

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you, Golden Spike. Based on your post, I inquired regarding my 6 stays and was told I would get 20,000 AGR points.

Does anybody have a copy of Terms and Conditions for this promotion?
I remember it said "book before Sept.10th and stay before Oct.10th".

I had the last stay on Sept.11th and now they say that I don't qualify because the promotion was

check-in before Sept.10th, not book before Sept.10th.

They agreed to give me 3200 points instead of 10000 though, but I feel they are lying...
Don't see the actual T&C and I'm not sure what would happen if I actually tried to register at this point, but the email does say:

The Triple Stay Promotion earns more than 10,000 points.One stay at 3 of the 11 brands in the Wyndham Rewards program earns you more than 10,000 points, now through September 10, 2009. Highway-side hotels, vacation resorts, all-suite properties—over 6,000 locations.
Bolding mine.

I had the last stay on Sept.11th and now they say that I don't qualify because the promotion was

They agreed to give me 3200 points instead of 10000 though, but I feel they are lying...
Since the offer was for a lot of points, I printed a copy for my records. You are correct, the reservation needed to be booked before Sept 10th and check out before Oct 11th.

(ii) register at wyndhamrewards.com/triplestay a t 1-866-WYN-RWDS( 1-866-996-7937) (iii) book a reservation for, and complete a total of three (3)

stays at three (3) different hotel brands participating in the Wyndham Rewards program at a qualifying rate between May 14,2009 and

September 10, 2009, and (iv) complete his/her hotel stay by October 10,2009

I'm not sure how to post the PDF (or if I can), so if you would like a copy, PM me and I'll send it to you.

Since the offer was for a lot of points, I printed a copy for my records. You are correct, the reservation needed to be booked before Sept 10th and check out before Oct 11th.

(ii) register at wyndhamrewards.com/triplestay a t 1-866-WYN-RWDS( 1-866-996-7937) (iii) book a reservation for, and complete a total of three (3)

stays at three (3) different hotel brands participating in the Wyndham Rewards program at a qualifying rate between May 14,2009 and

I'm not sure how to post the PDF (or if I can), so if you would like a copy, PM me and I'll send it to you.
Thank you. I found the same.

Anyway they say now that "book a reservation for, and complete a total of three stays" means "do check-in"

while "complete his/her hotel stay by October 10,2009" means "do check-out".

They use the same phrase "complete stay" in 2 different sentences with 2 different dates so they interprete this as they wish.

It looks like I am screwed? What can I do?

Anyway they say now that "book a reservation for, and complete a total of three stays" means "do check-in"

They use the same phrase "complete stay" in 2 different sentences with 2 different dates so they interprete this as they wish.

The way I read it, you had to do three differtn check-ins all before 9/10 and the last checkout had to be before 10/10.

The way I read it, you had to do three differtn check-ins all before 9/10 and the last checkout had to be before 10/10.
They don't use phrase "check in". They say "complete stay by 9/10" in one place and "complete stay by 10/10" in another. So if "complete stay" means "check in" then "(iv) complete his/her hotel stay by October 10,2009" also means "check in by 10/10".

Where can I complain about this?

Thank you, Golden Spike. Based on your post, I inquired regarding my 6 stays and was told I would get 20,000 AGR points.
Although I stayed on top of my stays with Wyndham during the promo period, true to form they fouled up.

They only posted 20,000 -- not 40,000. After over 10 minutes on the phone they discovered their error.

Another 6-8 weeks they promise and I'll get the other 20,000.

Just arrived in MSP from a AGR trip DEN-SAC-PDX-MSP trip with bedroom. Impressed. All the segments were early or on time.

I am pleased to report that after my third call, my points posted yesterday.
I still haven't received the points. First started calling Oct 11 and was told everything was fine and to wait two weeks and call back if they hadn't posted by then. I repeat this ritual every two weeks. Today when I called I was told that the plan only applies to airlines not Amtrak. My luck - got a clueless agent this time. After several lengthy holds I finally got him to admit that all was fine and - guess what - I should wait two weeks to see if the points post ...

Sort of lost it at that point and demanded to talk to a supervisor. Another lengthy hold and the same agent came back and said he would send an email and my points will be posted in 7-10 days. I again demanded to talk to a supervisor. The next hold approached infinity (in my perception) so I hung up.

Maybe I'll call again next year.

Back